Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Labor Day Rain

Well, when I woke up Monday morning, I felt that it was a shame that this beautiful, sunny holiday would probably see me out mowing the grass, because it was supposed to be the best day of the week. Unfortunately, it started clouding up. So, Zeppe and I hastened outside to do some weeding.

I've discovered that if I weed near one of the two "zones" where he likes to get into trouble, and really look at him, he behaves himself. I guess it isn't as much fun to get into trouble when you're being watched. I still don't get what his fascination with going behind the shed is. Although, he did take it as a challenge when I laughed at him looking out the gate. There is a couple slats that are bowed out, but not enough for him to get through. Not that he didn't try. I think he tried harder when I laughed.

But all good weeding comes to an end when the rain drops start to fall. Yes, early afternoon the rain set in. No picnics for me. It rained steadily all evening. Ernesto had gotten us caught up since June, and now we have a 6+ inch rain surplus for the year! That's a lot of rain!