Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Remembrances of Christmas Trees Past

Despite years of living on my own, last year was the first year I got a Christmas tree. When I lived near my parents, there was no need, I was over enough that I enjoyed their tree. The first year down here was in the Dungeon, so I wasn't very inspired to put up a tree. And I missed my family terribly. The second year, I was in the nice Townhouse and just didn't feel motivated. Then, last year, I felt the need to have a little tree. (I also felt the need to bake a Christmas turkey and have a dinner for my friends, but that's neither here nor there.) So, I headed over to Home Depot, which had little three foot trees nailed to a base with a saucer attached. Then I bought some garland and an ornament to go on the tree.



Pretty little tree. Just don't look at the mess behind it. *wink*

I have to admit, that the house felt better with a tree in it. And I didn't get my usual post-Christmas letdown as strongly. Although, the tree did not appreciate my holiday travel resulting in a lack of watering. I gotta admit, it was a little sad to haul it off to the dumpster after Christmas. I should have at least put some of the boughs into the turtle aquarium. This year will be different!

1 comment:

Kasmira said...

Now, if you hadn't mentioned the "mess," I wouldn't have looked!
Seriously, congrats on getting a tree. I'm 30 and haven't put one up yet. This year, my excuse was the cats.