Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas Tree

Friday night I picked up my Christmas tree. This is only the second Christmas tree I've had. So, I didn't have a stand. I've got to admit, that the urn worked better than I expected. Sure, the tree is a little crooked, but I'll figure out a better way of supporting it next year. The lower branches just aren't even enough.



I'm a bit of a minimalist when it comes to decorating. One reason is that I'm cheap and don't want to buy lots of decorations. Another reason is that all of the "family" decorations still go on my parents' tree. Those that my brother hasn't already swiped that is. But really, I'm bringing in the tree for the scent of pine and the tree itself. So, I want to see the tree. That and I'm paranoid about the fire hazard with lights.

Although, I should get more garlands of tinsel to go on the tree. And figure out some sort of tree topper. The bow just doesn't make enough of a statement.



The pictures are a bit dark, but I do love the way the sunlight made the garlands sparkle all over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your photos--the tree looks so pretty in the urn. I am also a bit of a minimalist when it comes to decorating. I didn't start that way, I used to decorate every corner, but since we moved, I just can't bring myself to handle anymore boxes. Now I keep things very simple. I do love this tree you have, just the way it is and I also like it in the photo above, decorated. Very nice.