Friday, December 16, 2005

Black Ice

Fear not, I have not been done in by temperatures in the teens or a blizzard converting into a rain storm. More being too tired after a day without internet.

But first, the weather. This week the temperatures dipped into the teens for two days. That was enough to make everything super cold. Then the snow/winter mix storm rolled in yesterday. The half inch of snow gave way to sleet, then to just rain. About another half inch. Black ice coated the region this morning, along with icy bridges.

This evening I got my Christmas tree. Home Depot didn't have my cute little 3 footer this year, so I made do with a four footer from a roadside stand. While I was there, a lady was making a fuss about not getting a refund for a dead tree. Umm, last I checked, they were all dead. Cruely lopped off of their nice root systems. But it makes you wonder who would buy a tree in the middle of a snow storm, since she was ranting about it being dead after 24 hours. Second, what did she do to it to "kill" it so quickly? Unlike Home Depot that had trees with brown leaves, this lot had all green trees. Silly lady.

I've got the tree set up. I had intended to get one with a stand and saucer attached, but this worked better. I took my cement urn, and hauled it in off of the back deck. Then I set my rain guage trash can inside that. And the tree rests in that. Which means gallons of water for my thirsty tree!

I'll post pictures after I decorate.

No comments: