Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Petunias

From the want list:

Aside from the unfortunate circumstances of sharing a name with a pig, petunias are perfect. Something about the bell shapes is charming. And the butterflies find them likewise. The petunias on the cafeteria patio at work always attract them. And they bloom through out the summer.

I always intended to plant a lot of petunias next year. Raising them up from seeds, then splurging at the store when I saw lovely plants. However, Park's is weakening my knees with their Petunia Dolcissima Flambe. For some reason I just get giddy over the color combination on those petals. It drives me mad that they are already sold out! That is so unfair! I didn't get to order any yet! Whaaah!

But there are other petunia varieties out there. I will find some to plant.

(And the internet is finally working at work again! Hallelujah!)