Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Hide the Ugly

Remember the dreaded cable I wrote about?



This is a before shot of the area we have to work with.





Last night, I started to do something about it. I took the grass clippings that were still in the lawn mower and started to lay them down where the new lily tuft bed will be. Then I mowed the back yard to get more grass clippings. I should have started this when I had all those bins of grass clippings. Oh, well.

After I was done mowing for the day and used up all the grass clippings I produced, I took what was left of my mulch and created a line at the edge of what the garden is going to be. Then with the remainder, I put it over what grass clippings I could. It's not that wide of a garden, but that's not the point. It's just supposed to be an edging of lily tufts and probably pansies, petunias and possibly marigolds. We'll see which low plants get tucked in there. Maybe those wave petunias, or possibly the trailing ones, hmmm.

This is how it looks after I quit for the day.






On the schedule for tomorrow is harvesting more grass clippings. And I'll have to pencil in a mulch run after work this week, in addition to Saturday morning. I'm a bit distracted this week, I got a new quilt frame and want to play with that inside. Distractions, distractions. And the rain keeps getting pushed further off into the forecast, so I don't have that excuse to stay in. Bummer.