Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Home Again

I went and visited my parents, getting gardening tips from my father. One being to mow grass at the highest level, to prevent sunlight from reaching the ground and allowing new weeds to sprout.

He also told me I don't need to cut back my hostas, but I'm probably going to do that anyway. I want to see what is under the leaves, especially in the under the stairs garden. I need to dig out the lilies and iris and replant them in the open. Besides, I noticed when I got back, the hostas leaves are starting to yellow.

I ended up procrastinating about the lawn. I was wiped out yesterday from all the travel. I'll buy the extension cord tonight.

I had wanted to take pictures of my father's gardens, but they were hit pretty hard by a mini-drought and heat wave in August, so everything had already either been cut back or pulled out because it was dead. So, no pictures. There were some zinnias and cosmos, but I didn't feel like the effort.