Monday, May 05, 2008

Denial

I've been sulking for the last few days. And in a gardening quandry. Saturday, I was out cutting my front lawn, or rather the half that grew tall enough for a cut, when the neighbor came out to talk to me. The privacy fence in the back yard is leaning, worse, pulling out of the ground. I figured it was my landlord's, since the neighbor doesn't have privacy fencing. And I figured I could always insert a new post if things got from bad to worse.

But no, it's technically on the neighbor's land, and her responsibility. She wanted to see if I had a more direct route to the landlord than through the agency. I don't, but agreed to forward her complaint.

Eek. My garden. My prize peonies are against that fence. My sunflowers were supposed to be against that fence. Do I plant, or don't I? And will they crush my peonies before they bloom? *sulk* Maybe the landlord will prove unreachable.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Go ahead and share your concerns with the neighbor, and see if the two of you can come up with a solution, or at least, make sure the contractor or whoever does the work, watches where the feet go!

Lisa in CA said...

I second what Nancy said above--it can't hurt. I hope everything turns out ok--keep us posted.

millionbells said...

Well, I do have the advantage that her garden is against that fence too. But all I can do is hope.