Wednesday, April 30, 2008

When the Ants Come Marching In

So, I didn't see any frost this morning. It was above 40 degrees here. But still, I wore a heavy coat. *sigh* Stupid wind chill.

Last night when I was trimming the hostas so my tulips could get some sun, I noticed holes in the leaves. Slugs! This early! Eek! So, I sprinkled my organic slug treatment. I didn't see too many holes in the iris, so they might be safe this year.

And while I was out, I noticed two of my peonies have buds! Buds! I might finally have peonies that bloom this year! And one of them is the new one! Yippee!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please share what organic treatment you use for your slugs. We have a snail gang in these parts that I'd really like to see leave town.

millionbells said...

Iron phosphate. The stuff I use goes by the brand name of Sluggo. I had written in to the local organic gardening guy on the radio.

http://www.amazon.com/Sluggo-Slug-Snail-Bait-lb/dp/B000FYZNWG

Lisa in CA said...

Thanks so much for the info. You are the second person to mention Sluggo to me so I will try and find it as soon as I can. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Good words.