Friday, April 11, 2008

Up Up and Away

So, I found out that the trilling critters outside my window were not frogs. They're toads. Not sure what type though. I discovered this fact as I stopped by my park yesterday afternoon. All the silly toads were trying to romance each other in the koi pond outside of the nature center.

I was there to pick up boating stickers and obtain a mooring site. Only 7 left, glad I didn't put it off any longer.

While, I had intended to fly my kite in Herndon while waiting for my brother to get off of work, he had been sent home to New Jersey. So, it goes. I'm glad he got home early. But, I had my kite in the car, so I flew my kite at the park. I thought I would have gotten better breezes off of the lake, but it just wasn't windy. It was gorgeous blue skies and 70 degrees, but not windy. I got a couple of good sustained alofts, but nothing very high up. Still, that's probably for the best. My shoulders and some other muscles are feeling it today. Ouch.