Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Buffet is Up

I noticed through a report on the Blogosphere, that the hummingbirds have returned. Granted, I still think it's a bit chilly for them, but they know what they can stand.

However, my current hook is currently serving the goldfinches. And those little balls of yellow fluff are getting serious about territory. I don't think they'd appreciate the hummingbirds being assigned their area.

So, I put up a new hook a couple feet from the finch sock. So, win win. Hummingbirds get a feeder and the goldfinches get to keep theirs.

And the juncos keep lurking beneath both of them.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Yup, those hummers are definitely on the way...though I see through the Hummingbird Migration Map that it will be a few more weeks until they get this far north.
~sigh~

millionbells said...

The silly thing is I have a link to that map on my blog. I just wasn't looking.