Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Mud-slicked Leaves

Well, Monday I played instead of working. Tuesday I did manage to work before I played. And my lawn suffered for it. I got the leaves up, but unfortunately, after I started my efforts, I discovered that the ground was still wet under those leaves. And since it's slick, yellow clay mud, it slid under my bagging mower. Not that my lawn and moss can't recover, but it's a mess. Oh, well. Makes me glad I didn't resolve to get more exercise. I think I would have fullfilled it already.

The other neighbor teased me as I was doing it. He just never rakes. Although, his Christmas tree was a good prop about his self-directed joke about mowing.

On the list of things still to be accomplished, I need to sweep the leaves off of the deck. They can blanket the gardens underneath. I know the back yard is even wetter then the front. It squelches.

3 comments:

SeekingInfo said...

Hi Millionbells,
I saw your post about your surprise that CFL bulbs contain mercury and shouldn't be thrown in the trash.
I'm a reporter from The Wall Street Journal doing an article about the efforts and challenges of getting people to recycle their CFLs. (many people don't know they contain mercury.)Since you are someone who came across this issue, I was hoping I could talk to you for my story. (I found your blog on Google.)
I can be reached at 212-416-3057 or at sara.munoz@wsj.com.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Best, Sara Schaefer Munoz

IBOY said...

I'm trying to work up some sympathy for you slipin' and slidin' around out there with your mower in January, but I have to tell you, it's just not there :)
Don

millionbells said...

I know. It is much better than slipping and sliding out there with my snow shovel. ;) I love my climate.