Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Blooms! & Flurries

So, there were snow flurries yesterday at lunch. Not fun, especially since these were organized, militant flurries that bore a surprising resemblance to actual snow. But the weathermen reassure us that they were just flurries.

I actually have flowers blooming. Of course, there are the much abused pansies. I think the squirrels are finally leaving them in the dirt. My kalanchoe has bounced back from overwatering and has blooms up. And my snake plant is blooming for the second time in six months. I guess trimming it back hard was a good thing.

Now, unfortunately, there are no pictures. This was occasioned by the fact that I packed up all my files on the computer to back them up. Why was I backing them up? Because it was time to install a new OS, and you don't take chances with that. Not that it was that horrid Vista, but rather Leopard. Mac OS installations usually go smoothly, but no need to take risks. Thankfully nothing went wrong, but still, it took a lot of time.