Monday, August 20, 2007

Drought Hazzard

The biggest problems with droughts, is when you get rain in the middle of the night. Last night I was soundly sleeping with the window open, since the heat had broke last night and the night air was cooler than where I set my AC. While the periods of waking up and shifting and going back to sleep are quite normal in the middle of the night, it is a different kind of thing to wake up and realize that you have to move. Like to close the window against rain. While, most nights that I would do this task I'd just go back to sleep right away, last night was different. After being so long without a good soaking rain, I actually stayed awake to listen to the lovely sound.

But oh, I could have used that extra sleep. ;)

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Boy, would I love to hear the sound of rain - all day and all night. We've had a record dry summer in southern Ontario. Last rain that was an inch occured in mid-May!