Friday, August 10, 2007

Blithering Idiot

Today, I was a complete blithering idiot. Oh, I had an okay day. Did some shopping. Got the groceries I've been putting off. But because of taking a fishing class that ran way too late two days this week, I'm run down. So, while practicing my casting outside, I was faced with the reality that I haven't mowed my back lawn in weeks. And it needed it before the stretch of hot weather that kept me from doing any yardwork.

And, let me tell you, there's nothing worse than staring at the jungle that your edging has become. Unless. Unless after a long day on a day that is only cool by comparison to the 102 degree record set early this week, you decide enough is enough and go after it with your mower. Your mower that has a tiny bagger that fills up three times when you were keeping up with the mowing. ARGH!

I am tired. I am sweating. And I don't even have a completely mowed lawn. I'm going to have to go back another day this weekend. And that's not counting the tall stalks of grass that are using my flowers as cover. I pulled one of those yellow clover weeds out of my beebalm, that was as tall AS the beebalm. Ugh. Bad gardener.

2 comments:

Rosengeranium said...

Human gardener, I would say. Too perfect is boring anyway. And fishing? I bet your hubby loves you :-)

millionbells said...

Nah, I'm the only fisherperson. Which is why I needed the class. ;)