Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Schwartz Peony Gardens

Last Saturday, and most likely this upcoming Friday, I visited the Schwartz Peony Gardens. Or what is more commonly known as Gaithersburg City Hall grounds. There is a selection of peonies in a couple of different spots around the grounds, but they are unlabeled. Which stands to figure since they are the remnants of someone's garden. There were primarily three different varieties blooming, with two other one offs, and several more varieties in bud.

Most of the pictures can be found in my album, where the rest will be added later. Sadly the sun was gorgeous and washed out most of the pictures of the pale pink and white varieties.









And I'm now less paranoid about the size of my peony bushes. Of the peonies I saw, there were several bushes that were the same size as mine. And they were blooming away.