Monday, March 26, 2007

Sprung

The tiny crocus have been joined by their larger cousins under the hydrangea. The purple ones are just so vividly purple, I couldn't help but notice yesterday. The gold ones blend in a little more with the leaf litter at a distance. Distance being the end of the front walk without my glasses.

Tulip leaves have made an appearance for the second year in a row. I'm resigned about them flowering this year. I would have loved it last year, but I doubt I'll see blooms this year either. This really isn't the right zone for tulips to naturalize. But I leave them as a distraction to the squirrels, but my squirrels don't seem to unearth bulbs. I am sincerely lucky.

The daffodils are going gangbusters by the shed. If I'm still here in autumn, I'll have to see about extending the plantings down the rest of that garden, as well as poking some in the birdbath garden. The ones out front are a week behind their bretheren in the sunnier spot. But the crocus are keeping that spot cheery in the meantime.

The peepers are still singing their little hearts out. Although, they aren't as prevalent during the day any more. I guess those guys found mates already. Way to go!

2 comments:

kate said...

I am enjoying your garden blog ... and wishing that my daffodils were starting to poke through the earth.

The snow finally disappeared yesterday, so there's hope!

I am going to add your site to my gardening blog links!

millionbells said...

Thanks and welcome!