Thursday, February 08, 2007

Cold and Powdery

Well, yesterday we got our inch of powder. And by the afternoon, it had evaporated in the sun because it is just that dry here. It certainly wasn't because 29 degrees is warm. Driving conditions yesterday were hazardous, not because of the snow, but because of the unusually cold temperatures froze a lot of people's windshield wiper fluid and they couldn't clean the salt spray off of their windows. (I'm still trying to figure out why the dealer or the person before me followed directions on the bottle and did this, because I didn't use enough to replace any.)

Still way below average temperatures. I guess Mother Nature is trying to prove that DC is not going to be zone 8 any time soon.

On the other hand, my orange hibiscus is thanking me for the repotting by putting out at least 5 buds. One bloomed on Sunday.