Sunday, September 24, 2006

Autumn Decorating

Well, yesterday I did some shopping. I wanted to pick up some Halloween and fall decorations. I had intended on getting a nice wreath at the craft store, but there weren't any that really said Halloween. And I was wishy washy on the others. So, what I did do is pick up a bunch of silk flowers and container to attach to the door. I'd much rather have used real flowers, but I don't want to be changing this out for the next couple of weeks, either.



While I was there, I picked up a strawberry pot. It makes an adorable planter for pansies. I might just pick up a few more, (and a few more pansies) next week.



But aside from that, the wether system that caused all those problems in Kentucky and Missouri has been dropping rain on us all day. It cleared up just enough for a spectular sunset.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your door looks all set for fall & Halloween! Nice idea to put the pansies in the strawberry pot. Pansies are just as lovely in the fall as they are in spring. You got all the rain we were supposed to get.

WashingtonGardener said...

I tried to hold out on my Autumn decor until Oct 1 - but I gave in last week at the local (Silver Spring) farmer's market and bought an assortment of mini gouds and pumpkins.

Nice blog - join us on the Washington Gardener yahoo list if you like.