Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Sunflower Disaster Zone

Unfortunately, while I was on my trip, something broke the stems on my sunflowers. It might have been a storm, but I'm betting it was some kind of hungry animal. So, I had to cut my losses, literally. The yellow sunflower was done in completely, but the red one still had one of the "branchings" upright. There are at least two flowers and a seed head on that one. Spend flowers were left on the ground for the birds, but the flowers that remained were tucked into a vase.

The only problem with putting sunflowers in a vase, are that they insist on pointing downward. So, I solved this, but sticking them on the refridgerator. Now they are pointed at me. ;)

Still waiting to see if we get more than a sprinkle today. There were supposed to be a couple of fronts move through, but it looks like they went south. It might just be up to Ernesto to bring rain to the region. Kinda worried about that though, he fizzled over Florida.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that! I am definitely going to put my next vase of sunflowers up on the fridge, too. :)