Thursday, April 20, 2006

Keeping up with the Joneses

The "Joneses" in this case mowed their lawn yesterday while I was at work. In a way, I'm glad, because I didn't want to have to break down and do it first. They are predicting a very rainy Friday, Saturday and Sunday. But it still meant that I mowed the lawn last night. At least, the front lawn. I was too tuckered out to do the back. I just not in lawnmowing shape. ;)

That and judging by the teens that were obsessing on their cell phone while I was mowing, I think there are several bad cameraphone pics of me mowing on the web. *sigh* Well, at least I got enough leave and grass clippings to cover two thirds of my bird bath garden. I'll finish off the rest of it tonight with regular grass clippings.

Also, thanks to Judith over at knitagarden for posting the warning about the negative environmental impact that cedar mulch logging has on the costal environment of Louisiana coast. Just say no to expensive cedar mulch. After all, grass clippings and shredded leaves are free.

2 comments:

Kasmira said...

We haven't mowed our lawn yet, but my neighbor has mowed his twice!

millionbells said...

I don't know if I would have bothered, except the weeds were 4 inches high and the grass was barely mowable height! And the weeds were starting to go to seed. No more flowers.