Monday, April 17, 2006

Holly Jollies

A beautiful Spring weekend, and I totally avoided mowing the lawn. Which, since all my neighbors did likewise, no one feels guilty about it. My peonies have buds on most of them. Although, I am beginning to wonder if I put them on the wrong side of the garden. I could have sworn that side got more light.

The holly bush has little flowers open on it. The bees are so excited. I moved my yellow lantana and my amaryllis outside. The lantana is doing fine. The amaryllis is having problems. The bottom six inches of two of the leaves shrivled up and the other leaf is suffering from sunburn.

My seedlings are doing well. I relocated the tray from the top of the fridge to the window. Although, the cosmos and dwarf morning glories are slow starters. The sunflower seeds all have tall spindly stems. They will probably have to be transferred to pots before going out into the garden. There just isn't room in the tray.