Saturday, April 29, 2006

Got Dirt?

Well, I went out and bought 4 fourty pound bags of container dirt. Cheaper than potting soil and hopefully doesn't have the styrofoam balls. I also picked up a new pair of gardening gloves from Lowe's. I primarily gave in because my old pair hasn't been the same since I got them wet while ripping out grass.

I planted two little butterfly weed seedlings in with the under the deck hostas in the corner that the hostas don't cover. The rest of the seedlings will continue to be hardened against sunlight before planted in a high sun area. I also planted eight cell's worth of petunias in the starting tray. We'll see if I have any petunias to put in the four new railing planters when they arrive.

I also put out a tiny hummingbird feeder in the lantana pot. Please forgive the red food coloring in the water. I just added it to help draw attention to the feeder. After the current two cups worth of sugar water is up, no more coloring.




Not the best picture, but it looks like it's going to be a gorgeous day with no clouds in the sky. ;)