Thursday, February 09, 2006

Early Bloomers

Well, with vague threats of snow being issued for Saturday, I finally got out and photographed my early blooming plants.

This is the unidentified evergreen shrub by my shed. There's another one that is also blooming, but I couldn't get decent pictures due to the light.





And I have three areas of spring bulbs popping up! Two out front. One is by the front step under the holly bush.



The other out front is at the down spout near the neighbor's house. This is on the other side of the rhodedendrons.



In the back, around the corner from the flowering evergreens, the last patch of bulbs is popping up. I'm glad I was lazy last fall in preparing this patch of ground. I was going to turn it over. That would have been bad!

2 comments:

Kasmira said...

Is your blooming evergreen some kind of heather, perhaps?

millionbells said...

It might very well be. To be honest, I don't know what it is. But the flowers do look similar.