Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Tulips

From the want list:

Tulips are weird. The concept of a tulips is very appealing and wonderful. Especially those peony tulips and the lily-flowered tulips are quite nice too. However, the flower always tends to open up to show that ho-hum stamen, and the leaves just don't do anything afterwards. Granted, you can hide the foliage afterwards with later plants, but you can't smother them completely or risk next year's display.

But tulips are my quilting motif. I always hide at least one in my quilts. Or at least since the third one where I started using it.


Oh, and this weather madness has to stop. I could have sworn I heard spring peepers as I was falling asleep last night.

2 comments:

Kasmira said...

I am planning on buying some of the species tulips next year because they will naturalize - unlike the showy tulips that must be replaced. The flowers are smaller, so I would assume that the leaves would also be smaller and less obvious as they ripen.

millionbells said...

You'll have to let us know how that goes. I hope it works out!