Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Repotting

Nothing like taking time off to get you completely off schedule. I did get a little bit of indoor gardening done last week. I repotted my philodendron. I swear the gnomes must have been stealing dirt from that pot. It was the original pot and it wasn't full any more. But it was root bound anyway. So, I stuck it into a nice "new" planter my dad had picked up in his wanderings. (Thankfully my mom only likes round planters.) Besides, I needed a heavier base. The phil hangs into my turtle box and they tend to pull it over from time to time.



My lantana cuttings are doing okay. I lost another stalk. But the ones that are left are thriving. I'm going to let it dry out now between waterings. I should probably see about repotting it as well out of the wet pot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I'm just a retiree from Illinois cruising around the net and looking for
interesting blogs. Came across your blog and thought I 'd say hi. Nice work.

Regards,
Sheila


canadian gardening