Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Faux Spring

The fantastic late spring-like weather continues. The past weekend was absolutely beautiful. I even warmed up the grill and cooked outside. I wasn't able to do much more, because I was recovering from working in the office that drives my allergies insane. But still, 60s in January is pretty sweet. Sunday was a bit rainy, and Monday had early fog. But Monday we dodged the snow warning by staying in the 40s. But rain and fog continue into today.

In addition to the cherry blossoms at work, the forcythia are starting to bloom. I must not have any bulbs in the garden at home, I don't see anything popping up, just those little bushes by the shed. I almost want to see if the garden centers have any of those hardy pansies to plant. The ones at work are going gangbusters.

I just have a fear deep in my gut that snow is coming this month. I mean it can't be spring already? Can it?