Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Garden Gifts

I had a wonderful holiday with my family, and I hope everyone else who celebrates the Season did likewise. This year, the theme of the list was garden supplies. I didn't get nearly everything on my list, because my dad decided the theme this year was going to be antiques. I got this:



Now, my dad's new thing is visiting thrift stores and antique markets. The story behind the sewing machine is that my grandmother used to have one of these, and the base made it into our house. For the longest time, my dad hauled it around. Then, the move right before I got interested in quilting, he put it out for the collectors. D'oh! Well, after years of saying he should have kept that and made a table or sewing machine cabinet out of it for me, he bought me a complete sewing machine! Complete with bobbins! And an antique shuttle for a loom.

But don't despair! I did get gardening gifts! I got a hose caddy and 100 feet of garden hose and two lawn ornaments. As well as a bird identifying book and one for wildflowers. I also got a toad abode! My dad likes making toad abodes, or turtle hide boxes. He finds nice bowls and inserts a hole in it so critters can get in. So, Aggie has a swank new home. I hope she likes it!



Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My snow is almost all melted, except for where there were piles. And I ran out of bird seed again. I think I went through that a little fast. Even supplementing it with bread heels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I'm just a retiree from Oregon surfing around the net and looking for
interesting blogs. Came across your blog and thought I 'd say hi. Good blog.

Regards,
Angel


gardening australia