Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Little Surprises

Last night as I was walking out to my car, I discovered that at some point during the day, the landscaping crew had put in fresh faced pansies. Those adorable little faces turned up to greet the cold rain, but it cheered me. Despite their inevitable doom. They aren't predicting hard freezes this week, but it's going to be pretty miserable with an Alberta clipper visiting for Thanksgiving. I however, am heading off to where snow is guaranteed, instead of threatened. Nice Thanksgiving break. I need to make sure all the plants are well watered.

When I was driving into my development last night, after a long trying commute, I got my second surprise. Green lawns in the common areas. They stole my leaves! I went to work, looking at all the brown leaves and contmeplating picking them up on the next Monday, and when I get home, they are all gone! They vacuumed them up off the road and the sidewalks! The only leaves to be seen, were a few that got knocked down by the rain. I knew I should have filched more last weekend. More will fall, but not that many more. Curses....