Monday, October 31, 2005

Pacing or Procrastinating

Five days of flirting with first frost. There might have been a frost at my house, but it either happened after I went to work(Thursday, Friday and today) or while I was sleeping in (Saturday and Sunday). I wasn't about to get up and peak outside. My bed is too cozy warm.

However, even with those five days, I still have yet to get more mulch. I just kinda slept in too much on Saturday after a frivolous late night (video games), and I was too drained on Sunday from running around with my friends doing Halloween stuff.

Before the frost warnings arrived, I figured I was just pacing myself. There's an entire season to get moving. And the rainy weekends weren't worth stirring myself. But despite being in the frost zone this weekend, I sloughed it off. Why? It has to be procrastination. There's no other excuse for my laziness. I've got to spur ahead!

Why am I getting down on myself, because I need to do this! So, all of today gets to be spent in an endless pep talk to make sure I get my butt down to the yard after work today.

In other news, Friday I got the bird seed. Ten pound bag this time instead of 5 pounds. And I picked up a bundle of three ears of ornamental Indian maize for my front door. (I'll stop procrastinating and get a picture of it later. *wink*) I'll get to put it out for the birds later this winter.

And I'll leave you with a picture of some berries.