Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Holly and the Hydrangea

I promised after pictures of pruning my hydrangea.



Like I said, I wouldn't have cut it down this far, if it hadn't been neglected and the neighbor was complaining about it crossing the property line. It will need more shaping next year, but that's next year.

On the other side of the front door is an unidentified holly bush. It's probably some southern variety, since we're at the edge of the South. The leaves don't have pronounced toothing, and the berries aren't quite what I think of when I think of holly.



I've also started keeping track of rain fall and in the winter snow fall. I'll list the results the day after. I check my rain guage at o'dark thirty in the mornings. I'd just rather match it up with the main date, but the day after date is good enough.

Yesterday's Precipitation: scattered light showers -- 1/8"