Saturday, November 22, 2008

Potting Folly *anomaly post*

*We now interrupt into our posting hiatus for the following information*

So, I looked out this morning and got excited that the finches had returned to the finch sock. The level had dropped dramatically from the last time I recalled seeing it. So, I grabbed the nyger seed and started out the door. Only to discover that something had ripped a big hole in the sock close to the bottom. Right in reach of the railing... Ah, well, time for a new sock.

Also, I had got this hanging basket for the bathroom. I have a little collection of pothos like plants going and I had just seen one with yellow stripes. Now, it's a bit bigger than I had wanted, but I could definitely thin it out and have a pot for work and a pot for the jungle around the turtle aquarium and I'd even share with my mom. Now this was a good idea, up until I took it out of the pot. I figured, it was a relatively freshly rooted plant, due to how short the stalks were. Some were just a couple leaves. Boy, was I wrong. Some of those roots were wound around several times. Yikes. I had to cut through the roots just to tear a couple plants out. There was lots of ripping, but I formed my four separate pots. Now let's see if they live.

*We now return you to your regularly scheduled posting hiatus*


Honestly, I haven't felt like writing, so I'm taking a long break. I'll see about starting up again in spring. Happy holidays everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its great to hear other people's experiences; thanks.

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.