Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mid-week Break

Well, we've got a break between the rain drops. Not too sunny, but not raining. It allowed me to get some more photos. Ignore the grass, it loves the rain.

First, some better photos of my iris.





Next up my Julia peony. The hybrid has a lot fancier leaves.



A close up of the bud on the Big Ben peony. This is as much for proof that it was willing to bloom the first year. The stalk with the other bud has died back. Not sure the cause. Doesn't appear to be affecting this one.



And then something dug out a huge hole in my garlic pot. I blame squirrels. I did fill it in after the picture.

1 comment:

Jared said...

I'm betting that your peony is just young. I have some relatively old peonies, and while they bloom like crazy every year, there are always some dud buds. The leaves on your peony look nice and healthy, so I think it just needs to settle in a bit more.

Your irises are beautiful, by the way!