Thursday, April 24, 2008

WFF When?

I got my tomato plant in the mail from White Flower Farm. I am not happy. Why am I not happy? It's not the packaging. It was well packaged, sturdy cardboard, no shaking around. It's not the plant quality. It's moist and happy with plenty of leaves. It's the fact that it showed up this week! I can't plant tomatoes out until the middle of May! I have to nurture this poor little seedling indoors for at least three more weeks! Eeep! I was trying to avoid seedling care! Ugh. But its a nice tomato and I'll do my best not to curse it.

The rest of my red tulips opened up. Very lovely, but not at all centerfold quality. ;) Squirrels got two more, but left enough stem to be put in water. The pink ones, 'Angelique', opened up. Again, lovely, but very rough looking. Iris are putting up buds. new daffodils are all different kinds. Some white with orange centers, some white with pale yellow centers and a few tiny white ones with white centers.

Oh, and I mowed my back yard today. It went wild after all that rain.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmmm, White Flower Farm for a tomato plant huh? Well, it has been some time since you posted this, how is it doing?
Should it have succumbed to such an early outing into the world, I might suggest that you attend the local farmer's market (do they have those in DC Metro?!?) and there you should be able to find a wide selection of suitable replacements.