Friday, February 15, 2008

The Great Garlic Caper, part 2

When next we join our intrepid cloves, we find six of the seven have sent up little pale green shoots that are visible above the dirt line. Wow, they move fast. I might have to move them outside on Monday. I'm certain the roots could use more time to get established, but I fear the amount of growth they're putting on in the chilly, but better than outside basement.

Speaking of warmth, it got into the 50s this afternoon. I cheated and opened the windows and turned down the thermostat. I really like the fresh air.

On the cooking front. Definitely need to add garlic cloves to the bread. Yesterday's wasn't as good without it. And definitely not more than a tablespoon of Italian herbs. I actually tried to measure the herbs so I could standardize this process a little better. I've also got a pot of spaghetti sauce on the stove. I'm almost out with all my little bread pizzas. Yum!