Saturday, February 09, 2008

The Great Garlic Caper

My parents have assured that it will snow next weekend. They've tentatively made plans to drive down and visit me. That should make it a wicked nor'easter.

The great garlic experiment, brought on by the great garlic procrastination, has begun. I brought in one of my large container pots and put seven cloves of Siciliano garlic in it. I'll give it till the end of February to allow those little cloves to send out roots and establish themselves. Then, I'll plop the whole thing back outside so it gets exposed to freezing temperatures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where do you live?Am looking for average bloom and planting times for Vancouver and Island

millionbells said...

Maryland. I can't help you with Vancouver. I don't even know any good blogs from out in your neck of the woods. I'd suggest seeing if there is a gardener connected with one of your news outlets. Otherwise see if one of the botanical gardens has a community outreach program.