Saturday, January 26, 2008

Bread Baking

I don't remember who precisely on my blogroll is to blame, but I am baking bread at the moment. Someone put up a picture of freshly baked bread and it started the wheels turning in my brain. Then I found Farmgirl Susan over at Farmgirl Fare with all of her wonderful breads and cooking and adventures and other things. I got hooked. So, I took her Beer Bread Recipe and added some cheddar and some volunteer chives fresh from my garden. Now for the waiting.

Oh, and that snake plant in bloom picture, it didn't turn out and by the time I went back, the blooms were spent. But the kalanchoe is lovely.

Supermarket double yellow kalanchoe


And here's my holiday chrysanthemum that had decided to rebloom.

Supermarket deep red chrysanthemum

2 comments:

Farmgirl Susan said...

Thanks for the kind words and the links. I hope you enjoyed the beer bread. Oh, chives! I'm envious. Can't wait until mine emerge from their winter sleep. Chives are one of the first plants to come back in my kitchen garden - and are always such a welcome sight! : )

millionbells said...

One of the benifits of our mild winter, year round chives!