Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Sunbaked Showers

We had some nice steady rain Monday morning. Not near enough, but still, I can't say it was entirely welcome. The humidity outside is off the chart in my opinion. And the rain only seemed to make it more steamy.

My sunflowers seem to have bit the dust. I'm probably going to throw some of the remaining seeds into the garden after the heat breaks on Wednesday. In addition to the promise of cooler temperatures, there is a promise of at least a little rain.

I also need to get out and see if deadheading the beebalm gets them to rebloom. Those flowers take a long time to finish, and I don't feel like robbing the bees of any pollen in a rush to rebloom.

2 comments:

Rosengeranium said...

You seem to be living in a sauna right now. I know how it feels - every sunny day makes our flat a dry sauna, and we all have to flee elsewhere.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get cooler weather and the rain you need.

millionbells said...

Cooler weather is just a couple days away. We'll see if there's any rain with that.