Monday, July 23, 2007

Washed Out

No, not the garden. I wish there had been some rain this weekend, though. Earth is starting to crack where the mulch isn't covering it. No, all my light colored flowers get washed out. I finally had a good mix of clouds and sun, but they are still a little faded.

First, the lone purplish beebalm.



It happens to be in a light pink clump that looks like this.



Hostas are so faintly purple, they're practically white.



The shed might be washed out, but the black-eyed susans are going strong.



However, no washed out colors over by the orange butterfly weed.

3 comments:

Rosengeranium said...

Great flowers eventhough they are washed out. Is it the drought?

millionbells said...

No, it's not the drought. It's my camera. It just can't handle the subtle pastel shades. I don't think ever really could.

Dirty Fingernails said...

I love your bunches of black eye susan and bee balm.. Thank heavens for perrenials like them.