Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Wasteland

I am finding myself doing a lot of watering this summer. Not that it is overly dry outside. I tend to let the garden fare for itself. Everything is hardy enough to weather a little drought. Not to mention the fact that it is wetlands makes it a little moister than most areas, even if it is sunbaked.

No, I'm referring to the sunbaked wasteland which is my deck. More specifically, my container plants on said deck. After all, several of them are cursed with original potting soil from the store. Eww. And they get full sun. I baked my sunflower seedlings out there and now only the strongest are left.

I need to put out something to catch the rain, so I don't have to water from the spigot. Every week for the indoor plants is fine, but every day for the deck containers is too much. And if I use it regularly, there won't be the mosquito larva issue. Maybe another cheap bucket so I can poor it into my watering can...