Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Trundling Along

I've come down with a cold, so I've been taking it easy. No reason to come down with mucus-fest in this beautiful weather.

Zeppe helped out in the yard Saturday morning while I was weeding. He ate a slug. Too bad it was one out in the grass, but still one less slug. I wish he had been more inclined to eat slugs, but I had to squish the others I found myself.

I've gotten fed up with the mollusks and ordered some Sluggo. It should arrive later this week. The only things they don't eat are the evening primroses and the peonies. Small blessings. But my poor petunias. Enough is enough.

I also did a little bit of pruning out front. I removed some of the frost kill on the hydrangea. And I tried to tame the holly bush. I'd really rather let it take over, but it keeps trying to block the mailbox. I can't have that happen.