Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Stiff Neck

I hope everyone had a glorious Memorial Day weekend, celebrating the freedoms that our veterans fought valiantly to protect. I got back out to City Hall to look at more peonies. However, I still haven't downloaded the pictures from my camera.

After that, I discovered that the local parks mean Memorial Day, not the Friday of that weekend when renting boats. Boo. So, after making alternate plans, a friend and I went canoeing on Sunday morning. It was barely two hours, but I am very stiff after the work out I got. I haven't been canoeing in ages, and I certainly haven't worked those muscles like that since then.

Then in complete foolishness, when I was out shopping, I walked around the pond at the one shopping complex. I say foolishness, because I wore my summer sandals that I haven't accustomed my feet to yet. Ouch. Blisters on the bottoms of both feet, on top of the rest of the aches and pains. What a glorious weekend.