Saturday, May 12, 2007

Picture Show

Late afternoon once the sun behind your house also works for taking pictures. Except of almost white petunias. So, first up, the iris. I've got three other colors in bud, aside from the two of these. First up is the repeat bloomer from last year.



The bluish lavender iris. I have at least two of these, but the slugs got the other stem. I killed it's brother who was on my beebalm.



The evening primrose isn't anything great to look at. It was really suffering and flattened in its pot. They all were. And they certainly don't look like my other evening primroses. But it is already blooming its thanks with new flowers this morning.



And last, but not least, my million bells. It's more of a fushia color than the picture shows. In the lighting I had, I just couldn't capture it. I'll try again later.

2 comments:

Ki said...

I love that mauve colored iris a lot. Do you know the name of it? Your Oenothera looks interesting. We've been trying to get rid of our plain old pink evening primrose because it got to be too invasive for the area we planted it in but try as we might we can't seem to get all of it as every year more seem to come up.

millionbells said...

I don't know. It was here when I moved in. And I think the Oenothera is just as invasive as the normal kind. Either that or it will hybridize back to the boring type. But since the boring type is slowly shrinking the lawn, I don't mind it too much.