Friday, May 18, 2007

Observations While Clipping

I mowed the front lawn last night. While I was out there, I noticed my rhodadendron has buds. Sadly, all but one are leaf buds. *sigh* I'll give it till next week, and then trim all of it. Maybe then it will set some flower buds for next year.

The good news is that the lanium is budding to. That is really leaping this year. Maybe I won't have to plant some petunias out there to spruce up that garden.

The holly, on the other hand, is going to disappoint the birds this year. Most of its flower buds are blackened and burned from the late snow. What a shame.

The million bells stopped blooming. I can only hope that the plants are putting their energy into growing roots. At least the foliage didn't melt like the pansies did in the full sun. It's just too warm for them in that much sun, I guess. Although, the fancy evening primrose is flowering away. It just needs to bloom closer to evening....