Monday, May 07, 2007

Lack of Planning

Temperatures have taken a slight downturn. It's dropping into the low 40s at night. But that is not discouraging the iris, which are sending up flower stalks.

Over the weekend, I was struck with the desire to make plans for next year's spring bulb display. This would have been easier, if I could have found more than a handful of specialty bulb catalogs on the web. Where are all the tulip offerings? I realize that predicting what stock you are going to have in 5 months is next to impossible in the plant arena, but that doesn't stop them all winter from advertising bare root plants for spring. And now is the time when garderners know what they need to fill in the blank spots. Grumble. Well, we'll see if I actually remember this fall. I bet I don't.

1 comment:

Jared said...

I'm going through the same thing, too! Went through it last year as well. I'm taking pictures of the places I'd like to plant more springtime bulbs, but I have a funny feeling that the urgency of this desire will tank once I start keeping up with all of the other garden chores. I'm thinking I'd like a bunch of daffodils wending their way through the woods . . .