Friday, April 27, 2007

First Hair Cut

Well, I actually got out and mowed last night. The front yard is a fairly lopsided affair, with the huge oak tree in the neighbor's yard. One side has sun, and the other has tree roots. The side with the tree roots is mostly moss, so it only needs stray grass and weeds trimmed.

I did about two thirds of the backyard, which is far more than I planned to do. I did the bit by the gate, since it was thick enough to get in the way of opening the gate. And I only meant to do the bits threatening my gardens. The grass was taller than most of my plants, and was beginning to shade itself. But I ended up mowing the entire clover patch. That's a lot of clippings that needed emptied. I still haven't decided what to do about the evening primroses sneaking out into the grass.

Lots of rain today, and some thunderstorms predicted later, so the rest of the yard won't get trimmed today. The one "problem" with electric mowers is that I can't use the extension cord when the ground is soggy. Oh, darn, prevented from mowing. What a giant shame. *wink*