Monday, March 19, 2007

T'pence a Bag

Well, Friday we had our Nor'easter. The frozen stuff started tinking off of windows fairly early in the day, but thankfully, the snow held off until I got safely home. I fed the birds two extra times Friday evening. Saturday morning, they got a lot of extra food, primarily since all the normal food sources were under half an inch of snow. Of course, seeing a red-wing blackbird feeding on my deck railing was awesome. Even got a nuthatch and three juncos, in addition to all the doves, cardinals and brown sparrows.

Daffodil buds are up, they'll be opening this week. The crocus are still holding on. The hydrangea is developing leaf buds. The rhodadendrons are perking up, although, I think a few of the leaves suffered frost burn. And the hostas look ready to start leafing up.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

T'pence. Two pennies.

Just me being OCD, ignore, if you wish.

millionbells said...

No, thanks. I should have looked that up, but I decided on it at the last minute.

Rosengeranium said...

My roses seems to have survived the snowfalls this weekend. Glad your garden did well too.