Tuesday, March 06, 2007

March Winds

Well, the winds are back and so is the cold weather. Windchills in the single digits and talk of snow on Wednesday. This is a picture of my poor rhododendrons from February, but they look just the same this morning.



And I finally took a picture of my flowering maple. It is still blooming. However, the lighting in the afternoon has much to be desired.



I need to buy a nice pot for it and repot it. The companion stalks have all died, so a smaller pot is in order.

3 comments:

Ki said...

Unfortunately our rhodies haven't fared any better and I'm afraid of losing some that look really bad. We've already lost a few azaleas. It hasn't been that cold this winter but the winds have been constant and ferocious.

millionbells said...

Actually, the rhododendrons perked up when the weather was warm.

Although, I'm sorry to hear about your azaleas.

Unknown said...

My rhodies look similarly despondent... I hope they perk up as well as yours do! Isn't it amazing that they can help themselves by curling those big leaves up tightly?