Friday, March 30, 2007

Frosted Elm Flowers

First, blame must be properly shared with Elm trees for the nasty pollen plaguing the area. They cannot get off the hook for the tiny spores they are spreading around town.

Secondly, there is a reason why they warn you not to jump the gun while planting tender perennials in Spring. A very good reason. The reminder came this morning. We had frost this morning. And it was pretty persistent too. The whiteness hung out for several hours before the sun could burn it off. The recent batch of warm weather nearly fooled me too. Fortunately, I was going to give in today and buy some plants to set out, so the plants were never actually in my pocession.

Thirdly, my backyard is doing its darnedest to make me mow in March. I'd say some of the tufts of grass are over five inches. But I will hold off until April! I will!

1 comment:

Rosengeranium said...

Ooooh, but how do one resist the temptation? I'm so glad I'm gardening indoors these days. March has been very warm and my roses (on the balcony) is budding nicely. If I hadn't had my indoor experiment to play with I'd been half way to plant heaven by now. And yes; we are expecting much colder weather for Easter.