Thursday, January 11, 2007

2006 in Review part 1

So, it's a little late, but I should reflect on last year's gardening efforts. And it seems somewhat appropriate, the theme last year comes down to is late. I procrastinated a lot. And I don't think that is going to change, so I'll adjust this year's "plan" to reflect that.

First up, seeds. I'm not a raise indoor seed person. So, that's not going to get repeated. I'll make a good faith effort to put out what seeds I currently have around the last frost and let them grow outside. I just lost too many seedlings to not actually planting them. Although, I will do the sunflowers inside. I don't trust the squirrels. And they need to be planted with appropriate separation.

This leads to weeding. Since, I'm not going to be able to tell much difference between weeds and seeds (well, aside from the obvious grass, mock strawberries, clover...), weeding will be a little thinner next year. I actually do weed, since it is an excuse to spend time outside and let Zeppe roam.